Last Modified: February 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of information about our wonderful customers and visitors to the Website.
Information Collected Automatically: Whenever you visit our Website, we automatically collect (non-invasive) information about you, namely:
- your transactions with us, for example, the type of product you purchased and the costs of each product;
- your use of our Website and the device you use to access our Website, for example, your IP address, the type of operating system and web browser you use and related information; and your activities on our Website, such as the pages you visit.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- if you provide us with Personal Information by filling out a form, registering for an account, making a purchase, or contacting us, we collect that Personal Information. For example, if you register on our Website, we collect your name, e-mail address and password;
- if you place an order with us, we collect the Personal Information that you provide to us such as your shipping, billing, and payment information. See the ‘Credit and Payment Card information’ section below to read more about how we and our partners handle your payment information;
- if you contact our customer services agents, you may also provide us with Personal Information that we collect.
From time-to-time, Marché57 may give you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests or surveys on our Website;
- if you participate, we will collect certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these sweepstakes, surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information; and
- if you take the opportunity to review our products or participate in public forums associated with the Website, we will collect Personal Information in any such reviews, posts or comments. Note that these will be public so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
Additional Information We Collect: From time to time, we may acquire additional information about our customers from third parties, such as the Postal Service and third parties that assist us in the provision of products and services requested by you.
CREDIT AND PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION
Marché57 uses third party payment processors such as PayPal to process payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors - Marché57 never sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page.
For PayPal we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- for normal business operation, so that we can see what you ordered, see if you paid, and where to send you what you ordered;
- operate our business, including the provision to you of information, products and services that you request and other transactional or administrative updates;
- to maintain and improve our Website, including personalizing your online experience and ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to administer your account;
- inform you about products and services that we offer and that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services we feel may interest you (where you have consented to receiving such communications);
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to make our future marketing efforts and those of third parties more effective; and
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
We may also combine the information which you provide to us (such as your registration details) with information which we collect about you (such as information about your orders) and/or receive from other sources, and use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose information about our customers and visitors to the Website to third parties.
Group Companies: We may share your Personal Information with any member of our group
Business Operations: In order to carry out certain business functions, such as order fulfillment, payment processing, e-mail delivery, or marketing, we may hire other companies to perform services on our behalf. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you to these companies to enable them to perform these services. By way of example, information relating to your order which we have combined with other Personal Information (as explained above) may be shared with our third party service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts.
Third Party Partners: We may partner with third parties to provide you with information about products or services that we feel may be of interest to you.
Merger, Sale or Acquisition: In addition, it is possible that in the future another company may acquire Marché57 or its assets or that Marché57 may partner with or purchase another company to continue to do business as a combined entity. In the event that any such transaction occurs, it is possible that our customer information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to the new business entity as one of Marché57’s assets. In such an event, we will update this policy to reflect any change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Communications from Marché57: If you do not want to receive email communications from Marché57 about our own or third-party products and services that may be of interest to you, you can update your preferences in the My Account section of the Website. You can also click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our emails. Even if you opt-out of email marketing or choose to be placed on one of these lists, we may still communicate with you using any of these methods for those non-marketing purposes set out above in the ‘Use of Information’ section.
Deactivation of Your Account: You may also request deactivation of your Marché57 account by contacting us requesting account deactivation. Please note that your Personal Information may remain in our archived records after your account has been deactivated, but we will not keep it for longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes listed above.
UPDATING AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to change your name, e-mail address, password, and/or communication preferences after you have registered, you can access your account in the My Account section of the Website. You may also request these changes by contacting us.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you also have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Information that we hold about you. This right of access and correction can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 USD to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration. For example, we use Transport Security Layer (TSL) technology to encrypt your credit card information when you purchase products through our Website.
When you establish an account at Marché57, you choose a password to help protect your account information. A password is only as strong as you make it: you should select a unique password and keep it safe. You may change your password as often as you wish by going to My Account section of the Website. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our sign-in process is designed to help protect your privacy. If you have trouble signing in to our Website, please ensure that you are using your registered e-mail address and correct password. If you are using your registered e-mail address and correct password, and you continue to have trouble signing in to our Website, please contact us.
Notwithstanding the above, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Marché57 CONTACT DETAILS
When writing to us, please be sure to include your exact name, mailing address, telephone number and specific preferences or request.